Do you care about tenants having a voice? Are you interested in sharing your views and helping shape the services you receive from your landlord?
If so, we want to hear from you.
We launched our tenant scrutiny panel in May this year and now we’re looking for more tenants to join.
The panel plays a crucial role in holding us to account for our performance and recommending ways we can improve. As a member, you’ll have the chance to look at a range of issues that you think are important to tenants – from repairs and maintenance to complaints, to communication.
You don’t need any special experience or qualifications to join; you just need to be a current tenant of Mears Living who is willing to give up a couple of hours of your time each month and share your views while respecting the views of others
If you think that could be you, read on for more information about what’s involved and how to let us know you’re interested,
About the ‘Your Voice – Mears Living’ customer scrutiny panel
The Your Voice customer scrutiny panel will be made up of around 10 tenants who will look at what we do and how we do it, and make recommendations about how we can improve services.
We are making a real commitment to involving tenants at the highest level to ensure the changes and improvements you want to see can actually happen. The Panel will report directly to the Mears Living Board.
The Panel will meet (virtually at the moment) every quarter for an initial period of 12 months, with additional topic based meetings in between as required (usually no more than one per month).
What will it involve?
Being part of the panel does require some time commitment. You will be expected to read any material sent in advance of meetings, attend the meetings (virtually for the time being), share your views and put forward recommendations. You might also be involved in putting together reports, although we will support members with this, so no need to feel daunted.
We are looking for people with a passion for high customer standards and the drive to work with us to make improvements to the way we work. In return, we offer training and support to ensure you feel confident in your role, reasonable expenses, and the experience of being part of a panel that will make a real difference to all of our customers.
o Have current experience of living in a home provided by or managed by Mears Living,
o Be interested in improving customer experience and influencing Mears Living’s business delivery,
o Have a curious mind and be willing to ask relevant and constructive questions,
o Be able to consider the evidence and explore issues that are part of your experience and outside of your experience,
o Be willing to listen to the views of others and to work together with other tenants on the Panel to make recommendations aimed at improving customer service at Mears Living.
Previous tenant involvement experience is not required, but do let us know if you have any.
There are circumstances in which an individual may not apply to be part of the panel. They include if you:
- are not a current customer (or partner/spouse of a customer) of Mears Living and/or have lived in one of Mears Living’s homes for less than 6 months
- are a Mears Living employee, board member, employee of a supplier of services to Mears Living
- are in serious rent arrears or facing potential eviction
- have a current court order against you for the breach of the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement
How to apply
We want to make this as easy as possible. If you’re interested in getting involved, please either just send us an e-mail to email@example.com with a bit of information about yourself and why you’d like to join the panel. Copy and paste the questions below into your e-mail if that helps:
- Who are you? Please include who you are, where you live, and a summary of your experience as a tenant or resident in a home supported by Mears.
- Why would you like to be part of the Panel?
- What skills and experience would you bring to the Panel?
- Is there any other information you feel we should be aware of that would help your application?
- How can we reach you? - we will need your contact details including your full name, addresses, contact number, and email if you have one.
Or give us a call on 07968 315854.
Or write to us with the same, to: