We need customers to join our Customer Voice Partnership; to give us your views on the services you receive from us and your thoughts and ideas on how they can be improved. We have three existing members, but we need more people from across our properties to really make engagement and change meaningful.
And this is a year for change. As customers of Mears Living you have gone through many changes already in service but we need to make sure that we’re listening and acting on your feedback in the way you need us to. The introduction of the Consumer Standards by the Social Housing Regulator in April will mean change must happen and we need your input to make sure we’re doing it right.
Right now, we’re looking for customers to join our board who will have access to information on Mears Living services and to key staff members responsible for those services. Our board of management have prioritised this as they want to hear from you and talk to you and this is the way to do it.
You don’t need any special experience or qualifications to join; you just need to be a current tenant of Mears Living who is willing to give up a couple of hours of your time each month and share your views while respecting the views of others.
If you think that could be you, read on for more information about what’s involved and how to let us know you’re interested.
About the Customer Voice Partnership
The Customer Voice Partnership will be made up of around 10 tenants who will look at what we do and how we do it, and make recommendations about how we can improve services.
You will make your recommendations directly to the Mears Living Board who must respond to you with information on how they will implement any changes you recommend or provide reasons why any recommendations could not be taken forward.
The partnership will meet (virtually at the moment) every quarter and there will be opportunities to take part in customer journey scrutiny topics to see exactly first hand how we do things.
What will it involve?
Being part of the partnership does require some time commitment. You will be expected to read any material sent in advance of meetings, attend the meetings (virtually for the time being), share your views and put forward recommendations. You might also be involved in putting together reports, although we will support members with this, so no need to feel daunted.
We are looking for people with a passion for high customer standards and the drive to work with us to make improvements to the way we work. In return, we offer training and support to ensure you feel confident in your role, reasonable expenses, and the experience of being part of a panel that will make a real difference to all of our customers.
• Have current experience of living in a home provided by or managed by Mears Living,
• Be interested in improving customer experience and influencing Mears Living’s business delivery,
• Have a curious mind and be willing to ask relevant and constructive questions,
• Be able to consider the evidence and explore issues that are part of your experience and outside of your experience,
• Be willing to listen to the views of others and to work together with other tenants on the partnership to make recommendations for service improvements.
Previous tenant involvement experience is not required, but do let us know if you have any.
There are circumstances in which an individual could not be part of the partnership. They include if you:
• Are not a current customer (or partner/spouse of a customer) of Mears Living and/or have lived in one of Mears Living’s homes for less than 6 months
• Are a Mears Living employee, board member, employee of a supplier of services to Mears Living
• Are in serious rent arrears or facing potential eviction
• Have a current court order against you for the breach of the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement
How to apply
We want to make this as easy as possible. You can complete an online application form here or you can email email@example.com with a bit of information about yourself and why you’d like to join the panel. Copy and paste the questions below into your e-mail if that helps:
1. Who are you? Please include who you are, where you live, and a summary of your experience as a tenant or resident in a home supported by Mears.
2. Why would you like to be part of the partnership?
3. What skills and experience would you bring to the partnership?
4. Is there any other information you feel we should be aware of that would help your application?
5. How can we reach you? - we will need your contact details including your full name, addresses, contact number, and email if you have one.
Once we receive your information, we will contact you and invite you for an informal chat with us where we can ask each other any other questions.
If you would like to have an initial chat with us, you can contact either Lisa on 07968 315854 or Helen on 07743 987153 who would be more than happy to go into more detail.
We do hope you will join our partnership and be part of this journey with us.